Sieve logging?

Matt Anton matt at lv223.org
Thu Jun 13 11:18:41 EEST 2019

On 13 Jun 2019, at 3:25, @lbutlr via dovecot wrote:

> I am trying to create some sieve scripts to filter my mailing lists and am wondering if sieve logs anywhere, and it so where? I don’t see anything in mail.log beyond lines like:
>
> dovecot: lda(kremels at kreme.com)<39790><hNchChSkAV1umwAAIdGjjQ>: sieve: msgid=<267D5D71-D99C-4790-8706-C1A92BCC9F97 at kreme.com>: stored mail into mailbox ‘INBOX'
>
> Which doesn’t really tell me anything other than that the script failed.

Sieve logs are in users’s homes and can be configured with « sieve_user_log »:

« sieve_user_log =
The path to the file where the user log file is written. If not configured, a default location is used. If the main user's personal Sieve (as configured with sieve=) is a file, the logfile is set to <filename>.log by default. If it is not a file, the default user log file is ~/.dovecot.sieve.log. »

More info at <https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration>

--
matt [at] lv223.org
GPG key ID: 7D91A8CA