Dovecot director: show user breakdown by director?

Eirik Rye rye at trojka.no
Thu Jun 13 20:15:21 EEST 2019

Hi,

We have recently started using the director in some tests. We are using
the static passdb setup (proxy=y nopassword=y) for now, where
authentication is done on the downstream IMAP servers.

"dovecot director status" shows a breakdown of proxied connections per
backend, but there does not seem to be a similar breakdown of user
connections per director.

The output of "doveadm who" is empty. I assume this is due to there
being no local userdb/passdb on the directors?

root at xxx:/etc/dovecot/conf.d# doveadm who
username # proto (pids) (ips)

Is there a way in Dovecot to see which (or even how many) users are
connected to a specific director without having to count TCP connections?

Best regards,
Eirik Rye