Migrated from maildir to sdbox: questions

Ranbir m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Fri Jun 14 02:22:43 EEST 2019

On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 13:05 +0000, Daniel Betz via dovecot wrote:
> i think youre just using the wrong quota backend.
>
> https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota
>
> You should switch from "quota = maildir...." to another one, like
> dict.

I switched to "quota = count:User quota" (as Aki suggested) and now the
errors are gone. Thanks to the both of you!

> Converting your Public mailbox you could try this ( no guarantee ..
> just guessing. make backup ! ):
> doveadm -o
> mail_location="maildir:/var/spool/mail/thesandhufamily.ca/public"
> sync sdbox:/target/folder

Thanks for the pointer! This is what worked for me (no errors):

doveadm -o mail_location="maildir:/var/spool/mail/thesandhufamily.ca/public" sync sdbox:/var/spool/mail/thesandhufamily.ca/public-mail/

I was using a "." as the separator in my private inbox and public
namespaces when I was using maildir. I still have "." set and don't
appear to be having any issues now that I've migrated to sdbox.
However, when I try to switch the separator to "/", I get errors like
this:

Error: namespace configuration error: list=yes namespace missing

I had changed the "list" parameter for both namespaces to "children"
and "no", but I still got the same error. I also can't access my
mailboxes after changing the separator to "/". Changing the config back
to "." returns me to a working setup.

What am I missing/not understanding?

Thanks in advance!

--