LDA vs LMTP change in header

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Jun 17 17:33:05 EEST 2019

Switching to dovecot LMTP appears to have change the information in the received header, which appears to be causing my spam filter to wig out and mark local to local emails as spam.

Here’s what the received header used to look like:

	by mail.covisp.net (Postfix) with ESMTPS id B67B8118AD59
	for <kreme at kreme.com>; Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:19:02 -0600 (MDT)

As opposed to now:

       by mail.covisp.net(Postfix 3.4.5/8.13.0) with SMTP id unknown;
       Sun, 16 Jun 2019 15:26:32 -0600
       (envelope-from <kreme at kreme.com>)

The first has an ESMTPS id and the other has SMTP id unknown, which seems to be causing Spamass-milter to treat the LMTP emails as unauthenticated and then ding them for being from public IPs.

--
Thanks to the human heart by which we live,
Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears,