Problem syncing mail with IMAP

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Jun 20 01:06:23 EEST 2019

On 19 Jun 2019, at 12:17, Odhiambo Washington via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> I am seeing the following errors in my logs, which I believe are preventing Outlook from syncing.
> How do I solve these?

Have you rebuilt the index files?

The simplest and surest way is to stop dovecot, move the index files aside, and restart dovecot.

dovecot.index
dovecot.index.cache
dovecot.index.log

You could start with just the dovecot.index.cache, but usually it is simpler to just force dovecot to rebuild the indexes.

If this is a persistent problem, then you need to figure out why things are wonky (like, are you storing the indexes and/or mail on a network share?).

If things go badly, replace the index files you moved.

I think that maybe

# doveadm index -A “*”

will rebuilt the indexes without stopping dovecot, but I will wait for someone to correct me on that.

--
Updated to be PRCE compatible after 400 years: /(bb|[^b]{2})/