Dovecot and Solr on the same server or on different

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Jun 20 12:51:00 EEST 2019

On 20 Jun 2019, at 01:21, Riccardo Bicelli via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> <dovecot at dovecot.org> ha scritto:
>> what would you suggest? What are the pros and cons  for having dovecot and Solr on the same or different hots?
>>
>> I have about 800 accounts, some millions of mails and about 2 TB of zipped mails.
>>
>> From the recent experiences regarding maintenance I’d prefer different hosts for each.

> Hi, from a scalability perspective I would put solr on a separate host.

With that small a mail load?

I mean, the scalability issues will be a long time coming unless the hardware is really weak, and the headache of two servers not to mention the constant communication between them…

But if that’s what you would rather do anyway, then sure.

--
Don't ride in anything with a Capissen-38 engine, they fall right out of
the sky