mremap_anon() failed: Not enough space

at lbutlr at lbutlr
Thu Jun 20 13:07:17 EEST 2019

On 19 Jun 2019, at 13:13, Dave McGuire via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> Jun 19 14:47:31 <hostname> dovecot: [ID 583609 local0.error]
> imap(<address>): Error:
> mremap_anon(/var/mail/<domain>/<uname>/mailboxes/INBOX/Trash/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.cache,
> 255557632) failed: Not enough space
>
>  I'm running 2.2.36.1 under Solaris 10 (patched to current) on
> UltraSPARC.  There's plenty of memory, plenty of swap, and plenty of
> disk, but this is a fairly busy mail server.

Are you sure there is plenty of space on /var/mail/ ? Because that should only show up when the mount point is full.

Also, what is your definition of “plenty”? (I have some index files in the 50MB range, and I am sure there are people with indexes much larger than that).

--
Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way.