mremap_anon() failed: Not enough space

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:41:40 EEST 2019

> It?s also possible that the cache files USED to grow quite large in
> previous versions and that now they are much more reasonable, but the
> only way to reset their size appears to be to delete them and let
> dovecot rebuild them.

I seem to recall these cache files ballooned in size when I did some
doveadm search queries -- under some circumstances some headers fetches
are cached for later searches, which may explain the growth over time
as clients do mailbox searches.

As for Solaris10 mremap_anon() space failures, I'm a litte hazy on
memory mapping and shared memory, but I wonder if this has anything to
do with kernel maximum shared memory limits.  I know that for some of
our Solaris 10 servers, I had to up these values in /etc/system to get
some of our services to work.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>