mdbox to Maildir

Adam Raszkiewicz araszkiewicz at medallies.com
Thu Jun 20 23:59:15 EEST 2019

Ok, so I have used my brain and came up with that:

  *   Created new directory and copied over original dovecot to that location as /tmp/destination
  *   Spawned that dovecot as dovecot-test
  *   Modified dovecot.conf and set mail_location=maildir:/tmp/destination/mailboxes/
  *   Then I had run

/mnt/testmail/bin/dsync -D -v -u user at domain.com mirror mdbox:/source/mailboxes/user at domain.com

based on description from there: https://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat but first that doesn’t do anything (/tmp/destination/mailboxes is empty) and on another hand I don’t think so dsync is reading modified dovecot.conf as is not creating maildir format mailbox converted from mdbox format provided as the source location.

Thoughts?

~Adam