Authentication against multiple mysql databases

Graham S. Jarvis gsjarvis at pt.lu
Mon Jun 24 19:44:25 EEST 2019

Hello,

I have setup authorisation against a mysql database.

I'd now like to do (additional) authentication against another mysql database.
i.e. I have two databases with usernames and passwords and I'd like allow all
the users from both databases to be able to login to IMAP.

Can I simply extend 10-auth.conf in conf.d with additional !include files - like
auth-sql.db1.conf.ext
auth-sql.db2.conf.ext
and associated filed etc.

Or do I have to create a new database and set up a view onto the other two
databases / tables?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Graham-