Applying Dovecot for a large / deep folder-hierarchy archive.

Arnold Opio Oree arnold.oree at parallaxict.com
Wed Jun 26 22:12:12 EEST 2019

Hello to you all,
I'd like to ask about my intended application of Dovecot to create a
folder-hierarchy for storing our enterprise emails, which are treated
as live data rather than archives for compliance or occasional /
reactive retrieval.
The data is presently not that large (a few gigabytes), but it is
expected to grow rapidly. Up to this stage the data has been
containedin a Microsoft Exchange mailbox (2013), and then in an offline
PST. The move to the offline PST was by necessity, as the large number
offolders, and depth of hierarchy to my best understanding caused the
exchange server / outlook / evolution mail clients to begin
tomalfunction. To cope with this the archive was broken up and the bulk
stored in the offline PST and the most active components stored
inonline Exchange mailboxes.
I have some understanding of the fs mbox format, and also the
mitigations to be made for certain characters / strings. My main
concern is whether Dovecot is likely to be able to cope well with a
large number of folders / depth of hierarcy.
I will really appreciate any help / advice you can give.
Best regards,
Arnold Opio OreeChief Executive OfficerParallax Digital Technologies
arnoldoree at parallaxdt.com

http://www.parallaxdt.com

tel : +44 (0) 333 577 8587fax : +44 (0) 20 8711 2477
Parallax Digital Technologies78A Hatfeild MeadLondonSM4 5PF
Parallax Digital Technologies is a trading name of Parallax
GlobalLimited. U.K. Co. No. 08836288
The contents of this e-mail are confidential. If you are not
theintended recipient you are to delete this e-mail immediately,
disregardits contents and disclose them to no other persons.