Applying Dovecot for a large / deep folder-hierarchy archive.

Arnold Opio Oree arnold.oree at parallaxict.com
Thu Jun 27 13:42:57 EEST 2019

Hello Aki,

Thank you greatly for your advice, it is really valuable to know that
the key criteria for our desired application of Dovecot are
supported (our groupware stacks are running Dovecot 2.3.4.1) prior to
commencing operations to configure Dovecot and migrate enterprise data.

Thanks for the word of caution with regards to mbox format; that was a
slip of the tongue on my part, our groupware stacks are using Maildir
format (I will also look into sdbox as I had not been aware of it as a
viable alternative), although we have yet to change the LAYOUT to fs - which I think should be better for meeting our deep directory criteria, and also for managing mailbox data directly in the filesystem (please do let me know if you think otherwise).

The only areas of uncertainty for me now are whether Dovecot will be
able to change directory layout to fs where emails are already held in
user mailboxes with Maildir++ directory layout; and secondly what the
best protocol will be to get the Outlook PST data into the Dovecot
mailbox. I will research these points, if however there is any best
practice that you are aware of, then it will be great to know.

Very best,

Arnold Opio Oree
Chief Executive Officer
Parallax Digital Technologies

arnoldoree at parallaxdt.com

http://www.parallaxdt.com

tel : +44 (0) 333 577 8587
fax : +44 (0) 20 8711 2477

Parallax Digital Technologies is a trading name of Parallax Global
Limited. U.K. Co. No. 08836288

The contents of this e-mail are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient you are to delete this e-mail immediately, disregard
its contents and disclose them to no other persons.