Quota questions

Peter Hudec peter at home.hudecof.net
Thu Mar 14 15:14:57 EET 2019

Hi all,

I’m a little bit confused about the quota plugin in dovecot and fighting the the issues the people had years ago. I spent readingg the old archives and the mailing list for 3 days and not able to get work some features. Single user quota is fine and simple, the group quota /for example domain based/ makes me unhappy.

Setup: CentOS7, dovecot comunity repo, dovecot 2.3.5

1) domain quota recalc
domain quota recalc do not work properly. The domain qouta usage is worknig well, hwhen receiving/deleting mail, generaly if the operations are incremental.
But if I run domain quota recalc, the doveadm is setting the domain quota after each user calculation, that means the domain quota is set to the last user.

2) multiple quota roots and rules
According the documentation, there could be possible, from the sample configuration file

# Multiple quota roots are also possible, for example this gives each user
# their own 100MB quota and one shared 1GB quota within the domain

plugin {
  quota = dict:User quota::proxy::quota
  quota2 = dict:Group quota:%d:proxy::quota_domain
  quota_rule = *:storage=1024M
  quota2_rule = *:storage=2048M
}

But If I run
[TEST] root at mail-store01.test.host.sk: /etc/dovecot # doveadm quota get -u '*'
Username            Quota name  Type    Value Limit                                                                 %
test01 at test.host.sk User quota  STORAGE     1  1024                                                                 0
test01 at test.host.sk User quota  MESSAGE     1     -                                                                 0
test01 at test.host.sk Group quota STORAGE     7     -                                                                 0
test01 at test.host.sk Group quota MESSAGE     3     -                                                                 0
test03 at test.host.sk User quota  STORAGE     7  1024                                                                 0
test03 at test.host.sk User quota  MESSAGE     3     -                                                                 0
test03 at test.host.sk Group quota STORAGE     7     -                                                                 0
test03 at test.host.sk Group quota MESSAGE     3     -                                                                 0

The idea is to have overall domain quota, but for user able to set it’s personal quota.

	regards
		Peter