testing dovecot LMTP with postfix/spamassassin

Marek Kozlowski m.kozlowski at mini.pw.edu.pl
Sat Mar 16 16:49:36 EET 2019

:-)
My postfix configuration is quite complex with a lot of special cases
and rules. However I'd like to make an anti-spam configuration as simple
and lightweight as possible (KISS).

/etc/postfix/master.cf
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
   -o content_filter=spamassassin

spamassassin unix -     n       n       -       -       pipe
   user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/vendor_perl/spamc -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi
-f ${sender} ${recipient}

then the simplest sieve rule I can think of:
require "fileinto";
if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
   fileinto "Spam";
}

I'd like to make this rule active for only local deliveries via dovecot
LMTP with sieve plugin and setting postfix `mailbox_transport' to
dovecot LMTP.

I believe it is so simple it should work (am I wrong?). But...
It would be more convenient to do some tests before applying changes to
a production environment config. The problem is: I have no separate
testing environment with my strange configuration I'm able to test a
spamassassin score for an e-mail manually. How about dovecot LMTP? Can I
test local mail delivery by dovecot LMTP manually? I mean: to simulate
"I'm the Postfix" and produce for some testing e-mail the same effect as
postfix granting it via `local_transport' to dovecot?

Best regards,
Marek