Purges now happen 5 times faster

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Mar 29 00:41:49 EET 2019

Hi all,

I use Claws-Mail to look inside my local (same metal) Dovecot server.
All incoming mail is dumped into Dovecot folders via procmail.

All of a sudden today, mass purges of "marked for delete" happen about
5 times faster. The process used to be a significant productivity
destroyer, but now is easy to work with. In other words, it's a good
thing, but until I know why this happened, I'll have that little voice
inside telling me there's some evil side effect somewhere.

Does anybody know any reason this should have happened? I'm using
Dovecot 2.3.5 (513208660) and Claws-Mail 3.17.3.

Thanks,

SteveT