dovecot ssl error message from my own connections

Esteban L esteban at little-beak.com
Sat Mar 30 14:20:14 EET 2019

Hello all,

Just a minor thing. Not a big deal, because everything works fine, and
I feel secure with my setup.

But, I get this error message pretty much throughout the day/night,
which appears to come from my own mail clients (desktop or mobile).
I would like to resolve it, because it must me something (that is not
good--that I may not understand), that may have other ramifications.

So, here it is.

date time myserver dovecot: imap-login: Debug: SSL error: SSL_read()
syscall failed: Connection reset by peer

Anyone have a suggestion of what this might hint to, other than obvious
SSL. I tried parsing through various logs, but the most I find is just
this single line.

I can produce it, whenever I close my email client.

Thanks in advance.