dynamic virtual mailboxes?

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Sun May 5 05:37:38 EEST 2019

On 5/3/2019 11:22 AM, MRob via dovecot wrote:> That is not dynamically
generated and it isn't limited to just one
> mailbox (dovecot terminology here is confusing, normally a mailbox is a
> mail account (user), but in this context "mailbox" I guess mean "folder"
> which is how I am using it, as it is used in 15-mailboxes.conf)

What does "dynamically generated" mean? Are you asking to create virtual
mailboxes via your mail client? If so - then there's no native method.

The examples I gave will indeed give you virtual "folders" which
respectively contain ALL your flagged (regardless of seen status),
unseen (regardless of flagged status), or only unseen flagged messages
from all folders. And they will auto-update.

Virtual mailboxes are defined per user - so indeed the examples I gave
will only exist for the user(s) that have such files and will only apply
to their folders.

--
Daniel