doveadm - mailbox to filesystem directory?

Joaquin F joaquinf6400 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 06:47:36 EEST 2019

Is it possible to get the filesystem location (directory name) for a
given mailbox?
The closest I found was parsing the output of "doveadm -D mailbox
create", but this only works if the mailbox doesn't exist yet and
prone to failure if the debug output changes in future versions.
Using "doveadm mailbox mutf7" helps, but there's some ASCII characters
which are encoded. So far I've found "\" turns in to "\5c", "." into
"\2e" and "/" to "\2f" and the separator to ".". But maybe there are
others.

Thanks in advance.

Version: dovecot 2.2.36 (1f10bfa63)
Relevant config: