Userdb userdb_mail=, error Mailbox list driver maildir++: maildir_name not supported by this driver

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Tue May 14 13:43:35 EEST 2019

With this setting, all folders are empty, I guess understandable,
because the mdbox has its own indexes stored locally with it. Does not
explain though why inbox is empty.

[@ dovecot]# cat special-userdb
test:x:8267:231:Account with special settings for
dovecot:/home/popusers/test:/bin/false:userdb_mail=mdbox:~/mdbox:INBOX=/
var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/dovecot/%u/index

With this setting (withouth the INDEX set), mdbox folders are accessible
and not empty, but I get of course the error on the index of mbox

[@ dovecot]# cat special-userdb
test:x:8267:231:Account with special settings for
dovecot:/home/popusers/test:/bin/false:userdb_mail=mdbox:~/mdbox:INBOX=/
var/spool/mail/%u

May 14 12:40:41 mail04 dovecot: imap(test): Debug: INBOX: Mailbox opened
because: SELECT
May 14 12:40:41 mail04 dovecot: imap(test): Error: open() failed with
file /var/spool/mail/test/dovecot.index.log: Not a directory
May 14 12:40:41 mail04 dovecot: imap(test): Debug: INBOX/test2: Mailbox
opened because: SELECT

Is there a possibility of specifying only a index location for the
inbox? It looks like if you add INDEX it is being used for everything.