weakforced and GeoIP lookups

Tobi tobisworld at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:58:41 EEST 2019

Hi list

hope it's okay to ask weakforced questions here as well, but I could not
find a dedicated mailinglist for wforce.

I want to enable GeoIP lookups in my wforce daemon. In a first step I
installed luarocks and lua-compat53 to install mmdblua module.
Then I added

newGeoIP2DB("country", "/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb")
local mygeodb = getGeoIP2DB("country")
if(mygeodb:lookupCountry(lt.remote) == 'XX')
then
  return -1, "country blocked", "country blocked", { country="XX" }
end

to wforce.conf and tried to restart wforce but that ends up in a

> Fatal Lua error: [string "chunk"]:28: attempt to call global
> 'newGeoIP2DB' (a nil value)

Any ideas what I could be missing here?

Cheers

tobi