Anyone using object storage ceph?

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Wed May 15 12:05:36 EEST 2019

No, not for lack of interest though.

The former feels abandoned and has design issues IMHO.

The later is a Dovecot Pro thing and when I talked with Timo 2(?) years ago
he felt that Ceph with S3 or Swift wasn't a good fit and we didn't really
want to go with Scality and simply can't do out of house/country stuff.

The thing I said back then and I still think is valid is that I feel
object storage with lots of small objects is going to require a fast and
studly storage system below and due to the nature of the beast still loose
against something like DRBD when it comes to both latency and overall
costs.

It also becomes more of a black box than maildir on a file system, but
that's another and lesser issue.

Christian

chibi at gol.com   	Rakuten Communications