Setting up individual encrypted user keys using mail-crypt-plugin

emordin emordin at protonmail.com
Thu May 16 04:32:36 EEST 2019

Hi,
I have setup up a simple mail server using the ISPMail tutorial and I'm trying to learn how to create email encryption at rest.

I'm having a tough time understanding how to set this up...

So say a user logins thru roundcube and they type in their password...so the password authenticates to the mysql database which is storing their encrypted private key?? And once they access that private key, how do they use that private key to unencrypt their mailbox?

I'm a super noob at this, and I may be off, but I don't know where to start when it comes to setting this up... if I'm way off could you just recommend some tutorials or other basics I should learn first before moving on to setting this up?