Dict issue with PostgreSQL for last_login plugin (duplicate key)

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Sun May 19 21:31:35 EEST 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:36 PM, John Fawcett via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> Attached is a tentative patch. I've verified no regression for mysql. There should be no regression for sqlite as the code path is identical.
>
> Are you able to test for pgsql? As mentioned by Akie it will break for PostgresSql < 9.5 but probably it was not working anyway due to duplicate keys. Whether this is a wider problem depends on whether the insert code is being used for other purposes too.
>
> If you or someone can verify it works on PostgresSql >= 9.5, then the next step will be to make it conditional on the version.

Thank you very much John for your patch, that's fantastic. I am on OpenBSD 6.5 and will recompile dovecot from the ports by adding your patch to it, I hope that works and will let you know if I managed. If I understand correctly the relevant binary file I need to replace is the following right:

/usr/local/lib/dovecot/dict/libdriver_pgsql.so

or are there any others I also need to replace in order to test? I am planning to test live by just replacing the relevant file(s) so that I hopefully don't need to re-install the whole dovecot package.