Workaround for infinite loop in XCLIENT command bug

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Fri May 24 10:52:39 EEST 2019

Hello,

I am running Dovecot 2.3.5 package on OpenBSD 6.5 and it looks like this bug which has been fixed in 2.3.6 is hitting me:

lib-smtp: client: Fix infinite loop in XCLIENT command interaction with server
https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/5d03f39b345127b80d145ee90772739baa7ab810

so I was wondering if there is any workarounds? Maybe like disabling the XCLIENT command from the config file or something similar?

My original post regarding this issue is here:

https://www.mail-archive.com/misc@opensmtpd.org/msg04362.html

I first thought this was an OpenSMTPD issue but it seems to be that Dovecot bug.

Cheers,
Mabi