macOS Notes.app IMAP Syncing Not Working

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Fri May 31 02:46:39 EEST 2019

* Ralph, Steven Smith via dovecot:

> > The issue is that macOS Note.app does not sync with this server.

> I'm syncing macOS Mojave's Notes.app with Dovecot without problems, so
> it can be done. Have you made sure that you activated both mail and
> notes in macOS' Internet Accounts preferences for this particular IMAP
> account? If so, is that IMAP account listed in the navigation bar of
> Notes.app (mine shows iCloud and the IMAP account)?

Thanks, yes, I’ve done all that and more, including:
* Setting the Path Prefix to blank, INBOX, INBOX., and ‘.’
* sqlite3 ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes/NotesV7.storedata 'select * from ZACCOUNT;'
* sqlite3 ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes/NotesV7.storedata “update ZACCOUNT set ZUSERNAME='email at example.com', ZHOSTNAME='imap.hostname.com',ZSERVERPATHPREFIX='INBOX.' where Z_PK=5;”
* Variations on the above
Reports of problems syncing Notes.app to a IMAP accounts are widespread.
I’m pretty sure it arises from some subtle dovecot configuration setting.
Would you mind posting your `doveconf -n` so that we can compare to the non-working and working examples above?
Steve