[mail-crypt-plugin] Password Query for Folder Keys questions

emordin emordin at protonmail.com
Fri May 31 19:44:03 EEST 2019

> Can you try rm dovecot-attributes file?

Okay it worked. I kinda did that by 'rm -rf' the entire /var/vmail/domain, and then I ran the following:

doveadm -o plugin/mail_crypt_private_password=desired_password mailbox cryptokey generate -u user -UR

And I got the check mark and the ID string of characters.

I sent a new email to the server, and was able to open and read the email =)

I got confused on the docs... So only if using unencrypted folder keys, could I open a CRYPTED email and read it right away. But if using encrypted folder keys, first I would have to set a password for the key before I could open the CRYPTED email ? I thought logging in to the mailbox would connect the password to the key automatically.

Thanks again.