dovecot ignores users sieve-script

Jakobus Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Nov 8 13:15:12 EET 2019

Am 07.11.19 um 17:01 schrieb Stephan Bosch:

> Op 7-11-2019 om 13:30 schreef Jakobus Schürz via dovecot:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I recognized that dovecot ignores users sieve-script. The global and the
>> post-sieve-scripts are working, but users sievescript is ignored.
>>
>> You can see the sieve trace-files last lines
>>
>>    65:   finishing match with result: not matched
>>    65: jump if result is true
>>    65:   not jumping
>>    65: jumping to line 67
>>    67: jumping to line 77
>>        ## Finished executing script 'global'
>>            ## Started executing script 'junk'
>>     2: header test
>>     2:   starting `:contains' match with `i;ascii-casemap' comparator:
>>     2:   extracting `X-Spam' headers from message
>>     2:   finishing match with result: not matched
>>     2: jump if result is false
>>     2:   jumping to line 6
>>        ## Finished executing script 'junk'
>>
>> Between global and junk-Script should sieve run users sieve script.
>>
>> Before the Upgrade to 2.3.8 sieve was working correct. Now ALL messages
>> go to INBOX, no one is filtered anymore.
>>
>> compiling the sievescript with
>>
>> sudo -u vmail sievec sievefilter.sieve
>>
>> gives no errormessage...
>>
>> My users sievefilter is:
>>
>> /var/mail/jakobus.schuerz/sieve/sievefilter.sieve
>>
>> This directory contains:
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 vmail vmail    17 Nov  7 12:44 jakobus.schuerz.sieve ->
>> sievefilter.sieve
>> -rw------- 1 vmail vmail 36834 Nov  7 13:25 jakobus.schuerz.svbin
>> -rw------- 1 vmail vmail 45588 Nov  7 11:43 sievefilter.sieve
>
> Can you enable mail_debug and check the logs?

I had logs enabled "mail_debug = true", but lda did not write to journal...

So i changed the config for protocol lda (before log_path and
info_log_path where empty after = )

protocol lda {
  # Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global
mail_plugins).
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins quota sieve acl
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot/lda-errors.log
  info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/lda.log

}

and checked these logfiles. So I could find out, that i made a
config-change in my LDAP, and now the username/email changed for sieve
settings...

Could fix it.

But why is no debug-output in journal, when these to log-path settings
are empty? Then it should go to rsyslog and then to journal...

jakob