SASL AUTH with postfix

Jorge Bastos mysql.jorge at decimal.pt
Thu Nov 14 00:53:26 EET 2019

Jorge Bastos via dovecot skrev den 2019-11-13 22:00:

> How can i have the same with dovecot SASL?
> Thanks in advanced,

https://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL

Hi benny,
Thanks,
That's exactly what i have in postfix:

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

plus:
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = fastmail

but the user that i have in the table, that worked with Cyrus, in the
format: "username at fastmail", it's not working with dovecot

meanwhile i was thinking, the auth is beeing made into the main table... i
just figured it out now!
How could i have the auth for dovecot SASL in a different table? I'd like to
keep having one sql table for imap/pop3 auth, and another for smtp,
This gives me the advantage of blocking only the outgoing emails for the
users, in case if a password is caught, which is very handy at least for me
as sysadm