proxy dual server setup clarification

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Mon Nov 25 12:39:19 EET 2019

Hi Sami,

I have this proxy on pop3/imap working however, I can't get this lmtp to
work.

In theory only these configuration changes, should allow messages to be
directed for account: test to server svr1 not?

lmtp_proxy = yes

protocol lmtp {
  # Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global
mail_plugins).
  passdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  args = /etc/dovecot/special-passdb
  default_fields = proxy=y host=svr1
  }
}

bash-5.0# cat /etc/dovecot/special-passdb
test:password:1000:1000:(gecos):home:/bin/false:host=svr1

bash-5.0# cat /tmp/test.msg | /usr/libexec/dovecot/lmtp
Info: Connect from local
220 081b883fa2bc Dovecot ready.
250 2.1.0 OK
Panic: file connection.c: line 380 (connection_update_properties):
assertion failed: (conn->remote_port != 0)
Aborted (core dumped)