ESEARCH is announced but it doesn't work

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Nov 28 06:58:15 EET 2019

On 27 Nov 2019, at 21:51, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:
> tag1 ESEARCH IN (mailboxes "folder1" subtree "folder2") unseen
> tag1 BAD Error in IMAP command ESEARCH: Unknown command (0.001 + 0.000 secs).

This should answer your question, I think.

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12683288/what-is-wrong-with-this-imap-esearch-command-syntax>
The ESEARCH capability indicates that the server supports RFC 4731 and RFC4466 which defined the ESEARCH reponse and an extended format of the SEARCH command.

The MULTISEARCH capability (RFC 6237) builds upon the ESEARCH capability to make it possible to search in another mailbox than the currently selected one. The command syntax you're using requires MULTISEARCH.

--
Y is for YORRICK whose head was knocked in Z is for ZILLAH who drank
	too much gin