Duplicate e-mail with Dovecot and Sieve

Claudio Corvino ccorvino at trustitalia.it
Thu Nov 28 18:44:29 EET 2019

Hi,

I think that the test "if not duplicate" could not work for our case, as
the out of office should answer everytime, we only wants the redirect to
not be sent as a duplicate for the users of the alias LIST.

In other words we would like:

1) To redirect the e-mail directed to a single user (with out of office
active) to LIST at domain.tld, so that every user of the LIST receives one
copy;

2) To delete one copy for the e-mail directed to LIST at domain.tld,
otherwise every user of the LIST will receive two e-mail, one directed
to the LIST and one generated from the redirect of the sieve script by
the user with out of office in active state.

So we're considering to add this part to the users sieve scripts:

/# rule:[RemoveMail]/

/if allof (header :contains "X-Sieve" "Pigeonhole Sieve", header
:contains "X-Sieve-Redirected-From" "domain.tld", header :contains
["to", "cc"] "LIST at domain.tld")//
//{//
//    fileinto "Trash";//
//}/

So the script become:

/require ["fileinto","vacation-seconds"];/

/# rule:[RemoveDuplicateMail]/

///if allof (header :contains "X-Sieve" "Pigeonhole Sieve", header
:contains "X-Sieve-Redirected-From" "domain.tld", header :contains
["to", "cc"] "LIST at domain.tld")
{
     fileinto "Trash";
/