dovecot: auth: Error: DNS lookup for xxx failed: Name does not resolve

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Sat Nov 30 22:08:18 EET 2019

I am sure resolving works fine. I tested this in a running mesos
container, but also in docker run[1]. I need to have the search local
option in resolve.conf.

It was actually working, until I started adding the proxy for
managesieve, but when I reverted, it still does not work. I think the
building from cache mislead me.

I suspect this is a different problem, that at some point is giving this
error. Maybe I need some specific config for the dns-client socket.

PS. This is just a proxy I need temporary. But I am thinking of creating
a container that directly connects to ceph storage so you do not need
any local storage.

[1]
docker run --dns-search='local' -v /dev/log:/dev/log -it dovecot-proxy
bash

[2]
passdb {
  driver = ldap
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  default_fields = proxy=y host=svr1
}