Mail-crypt won't encrypt emails

Serveria Support support at serveria.com
Tue Oct 1 00:32:20 EEST 2019

Hi,

We're running Dovecot 2.2.36 and we need to set up the mail-crypt plugin
to encrypt all incoming and outgoing emails. Outgoing emails seem to get
encrypted fine but the incoming ones don't. We tried everything
including this config:

mail_attribute_dict = file:%h/Maildir/dovecot-attributes
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins mail_crypt

plugin {
mail_crypt_global_private_key = <ecprivkey.pem
 mail_crypt_global_public_key = <ecpubkey.pem
 mail_crypt_save_version = 2

}

also this one:

plugin {

mail_crypt_curve = prime256v1

mail_crypt_save_version = 2

}

but to no avail. There are no visible errors, Dovecot restarts fine and
outgoing emails get encrypted. Any ideas?