UNSEEN flag issues with multiple clients

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Tue Oct 1 21:45:05 EEST 2019

Hi all,

I've been bugged by this issue for a while, and while I see that the
\UNSEEN flag is specified in the RFC to be reset once *any* client
connects and looks at a mailbox, I was wondering if there's a way to
change the behavior so that it's tracked on a per-client basis?

Or if there's even some way to turn it off so that both my iPhone mail
client and my main emacs viewmail mail client don't stomp over each
other when looking at my mail folder counts of unread messages.

My mail server is running Debian 9.11, which has dovecot
2.2.27-3+deb9u5 as the version.  I'm only running IMAP, no POP at
all.

Thanks,
John