Home Directory Creation

Asai asai at globalchangemusic.org
Wed Oct 2 04:00:15 EEST 2019

Hello,

I hate to have to ask this, but... why isn't the home directory being
created automatically?

Due to legacy compatibility we've had to use this type of home dir config:

mail_location = maildir:/vmail/%d/%n
mail_home = /vmail/%d/%n/home

We're in the middle of upgrading to new hardware, and so I'm migrating
configs to the new server, Dovecot 2.3.7 and Postfix 3.4.6

On our old server (Dovecot 2.2, Postfix 2.11) the home directory gets
created automatically with a new user, but not on this one. The Dovecot
debug logs just say "home dir not found."

Thank you,
Asai