fts_solr: Error: fts_solr: received invalid uid '0'

Fabian Kuran fabian at eideo.de
Mon Oct 7 16:13:17 EEST 2019

Hi,

> Am 23.09.2019 um 09:36 schrieb Filip Hanes <filip.hanes at ringier.sk>:
>

> št 19. 9. 2019 o 15:30 Fabian via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot at dovecot.org>> napísal(a):
> Are there any other hints or tips regarding this „invalid uid ‚0‘"-message?
> from fts-solr source:
>     case SOLR_XML_CONTENT_STATE_UID:
>         if (uint32_parse(str, len, &ctx->uid) < 0 || ctx->uid == 0) {
>             i_error("fts_solr: received invalid uid '%s'", t_strndup(str, len));
> It means that plugin tries to parse '0' when in state of parsing uid in xml response from solr or there is a bug in xml response parser.
> I would enable rawlog_dir in config and look there for unusual response or extra tags near usual uid in xml response. For example:
> plugin {
>   fts = solr
>   fts_solr = url=... rawlog_dir=/var/log/fts-solr/
> }

Thanks for this tip! The rawlog_dir option is not yet supported in our version 2.3.4. What we could provide now would be the XML-Response from Solr. The corresponding search query sometimes causes this error. But Solr's answer seems to always remain the same - in my opinion this already indicates a bug of Dovecot?

The XML response can be downloaded here: https://owncloud.eideo.de/index.php/s/8oyJaf5HBK6zdbr

Kind regards,
Fabian