Vacation Fcc

Gregory Heytings ghe at sdf.org
Fri Oct 11 11:24:12 EEST 2019

Hi list,

I use Dovecot's Pigeonhole Sieve implementation, and there is one little
feature I'm missing:  When a vacation message is sent, I'd like to keep a
copy of that message in my "sent" mailbox.

There is an RFC draft (draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-09) for this, which adds
a ":fcc" argument to vacation, but apparently it's not supported by
Pigeonhole.

I have two questions:

Will ":fcc" be supported in the future?

In the meantime (or if supporting ":fcc" is not planned), is it possible
to achieve the same result with the existing Sieve extensions?  (I can
imagine a way to do this at the MTA level by checking the presence of the
"Auto-Submitted:" header, but did not test it.)

Thanks,

Gregory