Vacation Fcc

Gregory Heytings ghe at sdf.org
Mon Oct 14 17:02:55 EEST 2019

>>> In the meantime (or if supporting ":fcc" is not planned), is it
>>> possible to achieve the same result with the existing Sieve
>>> extensions?  (I can imagine a way to do this at the MTA level by
>>> checking the presence of the "Auto-Submitted:" header, but did not
>>> test it.)
>>
>> I can't think of any means to do that within the Sieve language.
>>

> I'll try to find a way to do it at the MTA level, but it seems more
> complicated than what I initially thought.

For the record, it seems that this can't be done with Postfix, at least
not in a simple way.  One option would be to keep a copy of all emails
with 'always_bcc', and to forward autoreplied emails to the individual
user mailboxes.  Another option would be to write a specific milter, but
this is beyond my abilities.

>>> Will ":fcc" be supported in the future?
>>
>> I'd say yes, but it is not simple to implement, nor is it high up in
>> our list of priorities.

Perhaps ":fcc" is not simple to implement, but I personally would already
be happy with a ":bcc" option, which would send a blind-carbon copy of the
message to the given email address.  Is this not easier to implement?

Gregory