Dovecot v2.3.8 released

Tom Sommer mail at tomsommer.dk
Fri Oct 18 14:25:58 EEST 2019

On 2019-10-08 13:18, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.3/dovecot-2.3.8.tar.gz
> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.3/dovecot-2.3.8.tar.gz.sig
> Binary packages in https://repo.dovecot.org/

> - imap: SETMETADATA with literal value would delete the metadata value
> instead of updating it.
> - imap: When client issues FETCH PREVIEW (LAZY=FUZZY) command, the
> caching decisions should be updated so that newly saved mails will have
> the preview cached.
> - With mail_nfs_index=yes and/or mail_nfs_storage=yes setuid/setgid
> permission bits in some files may have become dropped with some NFS
> servers. Changed NFS flushing to now use chmod() instead of chown().

I am seeing a lot of errors since the upgrade, on multiple client
accounts:

Info: Connection closed: read(size=7902) failed: Connection reset by
peer (UID FETCH running for 0.242 + waiting input/output for 108.816
secs, 60 B in + 24780576+8192 B out, state=wait-output)

Using NFS storage (not running with the mail_nfs_index or
mail_nfs_storage)

Was something changed in terms of IO/Idle timeouts?

Tried doing reindex/resync, but did not help.

--
Tom