dovecot disk space settings

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 13:55:01 EEST 2019

On 22/10/2019 6:38 PM, Marc Roos via dovecot wrote:
> Ok, what about placing a dummy file of 5GB or so on the partition, that
> you can remove when necessary?

I recently wrote a script to check disk space every week and email me an alert if there was less than 5G. Would that be an approach for you? Enclosing below as an example. You'd need to adapt to your own environment.

#!/bin/bash

MAILSPACE=$( df -h | grep "/dev/sdd" | awk '{ print $4 }' | sed 's/G//g' )

if [ "$MAILSPACE" -lt "5" ] ; then
	MESSAGE="Alert, only $MAILSPACE Gb of space left on Mail Drive"
	df -h > /tmp/diskalert.txt
	mutt -s "$MESSAGE" me at example.com < /tmp/diskalert.txt
else
	# Uncomment to debug
	MESSAGE="Safe for now: $MAILSPACE Gb of space left on Mail Drive"
	#echo $MESSAGE
fi