Server administration

Michael Hallager michael at nettrust.nz
Mon Sep 2 09:50:13 EEST 2019

> You have to let users forward their email because this is
> functionality they expect. The trick is to spam scan all email first,
> otherwise as Alexander has said, you end up on RBL's.
>
> Its actually a lot harder than this. Most default installations I've
> seen don't take into account Return-Path notifications (i.e. passing
> these notifications upstream to the origin),

What is a "default installation"?

I have a good working knowledge of all the software I have deployed in
my and my clients mail servers and I have spent a considerable amount of
time over the years furthering my understanding and perfecting my
configs.

If, by "default installation", you mean take a piece of software off the
shelf and follow a quick and dirty howto guide without any understanding
of what the options mean, then of course under these situations people
are going to run into issues.