Different passdb backends for different services

lists at mlserv.org lists at mlserv.org
Tue Sep 3 11:07:48 EEST 2019

Hi,

as Dovecot supports submission, which is the sending direction, I am interested to know, if I can configure a separate passdb backend just for submission.

I habe LDAP attributes that differ sending or receiving permissions. It would be nice, if I had a second passdb backend just for submission, which has a LDAP filter for locking this service.

Example for IMAP, POP3, Sieve:

(&(mail=%s)(mailAllowIncoming=TRUE))

Example for Submission:

(&(mail=%s)(mailAllowOutgoing=TRUE))

Use case is to lock compromised accounts that send spam. An operator can notify the account owner by placing a warning messegae into his/her mailbox.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Christian