[Bug] Sieve vacation :addresses match only case-sensitive?

Philipp Faeustlin philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Wed Sep 4 18:24:36 EEST 2019

Am 02.09.19 um 15:05 schrieb Philipp Faeustlin via dovecot:
> The recipients in the vacation :addresses String list are matched
> case-sensitive.
>
> If the recipient gets a mail with wrong case, the message is discarded
> with:
> "discarding vacation response for implicitly delivered message; no known
> (envelope) recipient address found in message headers"
>
> I think the matching should be case-insensitive.
>
> Is this a bug or do I miss some option?
>
> I'm using Dovecot 2.3.7.2, Pigeonhole version 0.5.7.2.

Further investigation showed me that it has to be a bug.

I tested with Dovecot 2.2.36.3 (a7d78f5a2), Pigeonhole version 0.4.24
(5a7e9e62):

In this version the additional addresses in vacation :addresses
["test at example.com"] are handled case-insensitive.

In the new version: Dovecot 2.3.7.2 (3c910f64b), Pigeonhole version
0.5.7.2 (7372921a) installed via https://repo.dovecot.org/, (same sieve,
same configuration) these addresses are handled case-sensitive.

The case-sensitive matching of mail addresses, doesn't make any sense to me.

Could someone confirm this behavior?

Kind regards

Philipp