configure: error: fd passing is required for Dovecot to work

zahn martin.zahn at akadia.com
Fri Sep 6 11:21:33 EEST 2019

Hello

I changed our old gcc compiler from the version: gcc-4.1.2-13.fc6 to the
newer
one: gcc version 8.3.0 (GCC). Then I wanted to compile: Dovecot 2.3.7
and I get
the following error with ./configure

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/openssl/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openssl/lib" \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/dovecot \
       --disable-static \
       --with-ssl=openssl

checking whether fd passing works... no
configure: error: fd passing is required for Dovecot to work

With the old Compiler configure works well. I couldn't find
a solution on the Internet - can you help me ?

--

Schöne Grüsse aus Oberdiessbach Martin Zahn

Akadia AG
Martin Zahn
Software Ing. HTL
Oracle Certificate Professional