Random duplicated emails

Francis francisd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:17:47 EEST 2019

Le lun. 9 sept. 2019 à 12:08, Francis <francisd at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I migrated our mail infrastructure to Dovecot on Ubuntu 18.04 some months
> ago. It works fine, but recently some users told me that they sometime
> receive duplicated emails. Same email content, same headers including
> message-id.
>
> I'm using two dovecot servers on two sites. Both server are in cluster. We
> don't use shared folders. All users that reported this issue so far are
> using the same server instance. The problematic  emails are coming from
> local users on that instance too. The examples they given to me was emails
> with many recipients (To/CC). A specific message can be received twice (or
> more) by recipient A but only once by recipient B. I didn't see anything in
> the logs about sieve rules that redirect emails to others recipients.
>
> Where should I look to diagnostic this issue?

Hello,

Thanks for your hints. The message from  Битус Павел in another thread
today seem to be similar to my problem. I asked my users if the affected
messages are processed by a local rules in Thunderbird and they said yes. I
asked them to replaces theirs local rules by sieve rules instead. We'll see
if it fixes the problem.

Thanks!

--
Francis