Outlook 2019 and IMAP

Matthias Petermann matthias at petermann-it.de
Thu Sep 12 19:31:18 EEST 2019

Hi,

Am 12.09.2019 um 17:52 schrieb John Regan via dovecot:
> Hi,
>
> We've just upgraded a few of our desktops to use Outlook 2019, and the
> configuration is different from previous versions. There doesn't appear
> to be any ability to specify a username in addition to the user's email
> address.
>
> The username is different than the username specified in the email
> address. I had read about setting auth_username_format, but the user
> login name is "user" while the email address is user.name at company.com
> <mailto:user.name at company.com>. >

The same issue we faced recently. Outlook seems to support only
autodiscover. As a workaround, you should be able to create the Outlook
profile via the E-Mail settings in the system control panel. This brings
back the ability to configure IMAP servers and user name different from
the email address.

Viele Grüße
Matthias

--