fts-elastic plugin

Filip Hanes filip.hanes at ringier.sk
Thu Sep 19 11:24:47 EEST 2019

Hi all,
I have recently worked on fts plugin for ElasticSearch.
https://github.com/filiphanes/fts-elastic
It is forked from fts-elasticsearch as you can see in PR
https://github.com/atkinsj/fts-elasticsearch/pull/21
with following changes (maybe some more)

   - no duplicate json keys in indexed documents, so compatible with ES 7.x
   - 1 elastic index for all users with routing by username
   - _id field similar to fts-solr (uid/box_guid/user)
   - better json response parsing
   - no need to use _source
   - added rawlog_dir to config and some more
   - renamed all elasticsearch to elastic for shorter names
   - fixed http_client leaks
   - fixed some compile warnings

I would appreciate if someone with better experience in c and dovecot code
would review my code and suggest/push changes.

In my opinion fts-elastic is now functionally on level as currently
recommended FTS plugin: fts-solr.
I would like to implement proper rescan inspired by fts-lucene so it would
become the most complete fts plugin for dovecot.
--
Filip Hanes