Second private namespace

André Rodier andre at rodier.me
Thu Sep 19 23:40:13 EEST 2019

Hello,

I have Dovecot working, with a private namespace only.

I would like to know if the following is feasible.

- Add a second private namespace, in another directory scheme, for
instance /mnt/backup/homebox/<user>/Mails/...
- This namespace would be read-only. Perhaps the index and flags should
be stored in a different folder with r/w access (e.g. /var, or even
/tmp, it's not important)

Now, as a matter of fact, this folder would be mounted on demand, via
systemd-automount and fuse and is likely to be remote. This might
implies some flags or caching on Dovecot performance.

Thanks for your insights,
André