File manager or browser for IMAP?

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Sep 24 09:25:52 EEST 2019

Not defending Thunderbird - but I don't understand your "taking hours to
load my Dovecot IMAP". I suppose if you have sync enabled then the first
time you connect to a large mailstore there would be an initial
download. But...I always disable sync immediately upon setting up
accounts in Thunderbird so that's never been an issue for me.

Being unable to prevent downloads or utilize server-side searches is why
some other clients have been disappointing for me - like EM Client and
Mailbird.

Daniel