File manager or browser for IMAP?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Sep 25 07:38:49 EEST 2019

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 21:53:33 -0600
Roger Klorese via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 9:19 PM Steve Litt via dovecot
> <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote
>

> > They only see some of the folders.
>

> Are they subscribed?

I don't know.

I looked up how to subscribe folders, and at least the first two pages
of found pages described subscription in relation to an email client
and told how to subscribe/unsubscribe only from specific email clients.
This kind of thing is exactly what I wanted to get around by having an
IMAP browser, without all the messiness of an email client attached to
it.

My Dovecot IMAP is kept in a maildir tree. If you know how to subscribe
a folder within that hierarchy, I could use that to see what's
subscribed and what's not.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt